David Evangelista, CPA
908 272-7000 x3590
David Evangelista has over 30 years of experience advising and auditing ERISA benefit plans. His current responsibilities include the management and supervision of audit, accounting and tax clients in the public and private sector, including employee benefit plans, labor unions, individuals, corporations and partnerships. David is also a leader of MSPC’s Litigation Support Practice.
In March, 2008 U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao appointed David to the Advisory Council on Employee Welfare and Pension Benefit Plans, also known as the ERISA Advisory Council for a 3 year term representing the U.S. accounting industry. The 15 member council provides advice on policies and regulations affecting employee benefit plans governed by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
He is also active in leadership with the New York State Society of CPAs, and the International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans and is a frequent speaker at the IFEBP Annual National Employee Benefit Conference, Benefit Plan Professionals Institute, Fraud Institute and Investment Institute; and, the American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits/AICPA Invitational Conference.
B.S. degree in Economics, Concentration in Accounting, The Wharton School of Business, The University of Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, Executive Committee, 2003-2007
- Annual National Employee Benefit Plans Conference, Past Co-Chairperson and Speaker
- Annual Benefit Plans and DOL Update Conference, Co-Founder and Past Chairman
- National Employee Benefit Plans Committee and its various Task Forces (Past Member)
- National Employee Benefit Plans Government Plans Resources Task Force (Past Member)
- Virtual Grassroots Panel (formerly the Group of 100)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board of Directors, 2002-2007
- Rockland County Chapter, Founder and Inaugural President
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Financial Review Committee, 2008-2010
- Accountants Committee, 2006-2007
- Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation, Suffern, New York, Board of Directors
- University of Pennsylvania Westchester/Rockland Alumni Chapter, Board of Director
- University of Pennsylvania Rockland/Orange Counties Secondary School Committee, Chairman
- Penn Relays Carnival, Assistant to the Director and Coordinator of Press Relations/Operations and Results
Hobbies & Interest
David resides in Stony Point, NY with his wife, Margret Jonsson Evangelista, an attorney in private practice, and their two children. He was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout in 1978.